There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Competitive rates + benefits!
Age UK Norwich
Closing Date: 12/07/18
Age UK Norwich are seeking a Welfare Rights Officer to join our Information, Advice and Welfare team to help us expand our home visiting service.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate current working knowledge of the welfare rights system and experience of training and supporting others. They will also have a clear empathy for our charitable purpose- making later life the best it can be for the people of Norwich.
Welfare Rights Person Specification
- Current working knowledge of the welfare rights system, including carrying of benefit checks and completing benefit application forms.
- Good IT skills with preferably experience of using word and client case recording data bases
- Experience of gathering statistics and evaluation
- Experience of training and supporting others
- Ability to relate to a wide range of people
- Willingness to update knowledge and skills
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable
- Willingness to work outside normal hours on occasion
- Have own transport
- Awareness of issues faced by older people
- Experience of delivering group presentations
- An awareness of generalist information and advice and an ability to identify other potential advice needs
- Experience of home visiting
- Good networking skills
- Experience of assisting clients with mandatory reconsiderations and appeal forms
- Ability to identify social policy issues
If you have any questions about this role, or would like to arrange an informal discussion, please email Jo Willingham, Information and Advice Manager, at email@example.com. For further details, and to apply, please visit our website via this link http://www.ageuknorwich.org.uk.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
The appointment will be subject to a probationary period.
The post is subject to a DBS check.
Registered charity number 1094623
Closing date for applications 12.00 noon Thursday 12th July 2018
Interviews are scheduled for Tuesday 17th and Wednesday 18th July 2018.