There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 28/02/20
Job Purpose: I am a friendly lady in my early 50s living in my own home with my miniature Yorkie and my cat. I have several medical conditions and I find it difficult to complete daily living tasks. Your role will be to provide domestic support, companionship, assistance with personal care and support to attend appointments.
Location: West Lynn.
Details: Your role will involve all aspects of domestic cleaning and laundry. I also require you to assist me to maintain my independence including to attend any appointments. I also need you to prepare food and drinks for me and to support me with my personal care including showering and dressing.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Full UK driving licence with access to a vehicle.
• Female due to the personal care aspects of the role.
• Caring and compassionate.
• Happy to work around animals.
• Previous experience in a similar role.
• Knowledge of diabetes or a willingness to learn.
***Please note that you will be working in a smoking environment***
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £8.46 per hour.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 13 hours to be worked on a Saturday and Sunday from 9am-2pm and 4:30pm-6pm.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 6 months.