There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 07/05/21
Listed below are details of the purpose of the job and what tasks are involved. It is important and advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
Job Purpose: I am a friendly lady in my early 50s living in my own home with my friendly dog. I have several medical conditions and I find it difficult to complete daily living tasks. Your role will be to provide personal care, domestic support and companionship.
Location: West Lynn.
- All aspects of personal care including changing incontinence pads or emptying my bed pan, providing bed baths, showering and dressing. You will use a hoist for moving and handling, for which full guidance will be given, however I prefer to stay in bed as much as is practicable.
- Administering medication as per a MAR Chart.
- Light housework including changing bed linen, hoovering, dusting, mopping floors etc.
- Preparing meals and drinks as required, and assisting me to eat and drink on days when I am particularly unwell.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Female due to the personal care aspects of the role.
- Caring and compassionate.
- Happy to work around dogs.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of diabetes or a willingness to learn.
***Please note that you will be working in a smoking environment***
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour.
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: 13 hours per week to be worked on a Saturday and Sunday from 9am-2pm and 4:30pm-6pm. Extra hours may also be available to cover for my other PA.
- The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 6 months.