To provide support both at home and out in the community for a young woman with health issues including epilepsy
Location: Heydon, NR11
I am an active, intelligent 24 year old with disabilities, who enjoys getting out and about, going for walks, having lunch in cafes, and attending the theatre and cinema (I like ballet). I would also like my P.A. to sit with me and encourage me to read. As I live with my elderly grandmother, she needs respite, and therefore ideally my P.A would be taking me out for days, and we will cover the cost of any relevant activities. Because of my epilepsy my P.A. needs to be aware and capable of supporting me during seizures. The role would suit a mature person with a young outlook. In future there may be the opportunity to extend hours, and for the P.A. to provide some sleepover support.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Friendly, positive nature
- Shared interests
- Encouraging and patient
- Some knowledge/experience of epilepsy
- Good communication skills
- Driver/own car
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour daytime rate.
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: Saturdays or Sunday 6-8 hours per week flexible/negotiable day and times depending on activities.
The post is subject to the following:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.