There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Closing Date: 31/07/21
Be the difference, change lives – apply today!
Would you like to support people with learning disabilities and mental health needs in their own homes, working nights? You can help them to have a more independent and fulfilling life whilst developing a career in social care!
- 28 days paid holiday per year (inc. bank holidays)*
- Make a genuine difference to someone’s life
- Blue Light Card
- £200 bonus after 3 months service, £100 after 6 months service and a further £100 bonus after 12 months service
- Pension scheme
- Sleep in & bank holiday payment enhancements
- 15% overtime enhancement on hours over 37.5 per week
- Fantastic training and development
- Paid for DBS
- Refer a friend scheme (earning £100 – £400 per referral)
*pro rata for part time staff
About The Role
- Provide responsive support during the night as required by the person supported, as well as some light household duties
- Attend team meetings and training during the day outside of your normal night work pattern
We are looking for a waking night support worker to work 3 nights (27 hours) a week.
Shift times: 10pm-7am
- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Sunday nights
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday nights
What skills and experience do I need?
- Candidates that are adventurous, friendly, encouraging, supportive, respectful, and resourceful
- People that share our values
- Good level of spoken & written communication
- Full UK driving license
- Previous experience
At Affinity Trust, all of the people we support have a learning disability but many have associated health needs, dementia, physical disabilities, profound and multiple learning disability or mental health needs.
All our Support Workers complete shadow shifts before working with the people we support.
This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, provided by Affinity Trust.
We promote diversity and inclusion within our workforce.
Affinity Trust is committed to being Disability Confident. As part of our commitment, all candidates who declare a disability and meet the essential criteria for the role are guaranteed an interview.