Job Purpose: I’m a married woman in my mid 40s with spinal muscular atrophy. I’m wheelchair dependent and use ceiling hoists for all transfers. I live fairly independently with the help of carers.
• Personal care: dressing and undressing, toileting, possibly bathing, and turning/repositioning in bed during the night.
• Domestic tasks: laundry, light housework, possibly a little cooking.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Female due to the personal care aspects of the role.
• Good communication skills.
• Honest, trustworthy, reliable and punctual.
• Caring, compassionate, patient and respectful.
• Knowledge of manual handling and experience of using a hoist.
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £9.06 per hour.
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
· Hours and times of work: a 2 week rolling rota: week 1 being Wednesday and Thursday nights and week 2 being Saturday and Sunday nights. Each night comprises 9 hours, 10:30pm-7:30am. · This role is also to provide cover for the absence of my other carers, which may be at short notice.
· The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.