There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Up to £10.50 Per Hour
Closing Date: 27/03/17
Job: Team Co-Ordinator (Short Breaks/Respite Care)
Location: Tunstead, Norwich
Hours: Full time – 39 hours
Salary: Up to £21,359
To apply please go to www.thera.co.uk/careers using Job Reference 001962
Have you ever thought about supporting people with a learning disability to be empowered and in control of their own lives?
Being a Team Co-ordinator at Thera is all about improving people’s quality of life and helping them to be totally in the driving seat when it comes to planning and living their lives to the full.
We are looking for a full time Team Co-ordinator to join our short breaks/respite team in the Tunstead, Norwich area. The successful candidate must be prepared to work flexibly across a variety of shift patterns, including early shifts, late shifts and sleep-ins.
You must have a genuine interest in supporting people with a learning disability and be able to clearly differentiate between care and support: the emphasis is on enabling people to do things for themselves, not doing things for them.
Your role will be varied and you will be supporting people with shopping, going to work or college, going on holiday,using public transport, taking part in community based activities such as going to the football, eating out etc. as well as being a positive role model in their lives.
This can be very rewarding, however as you would naturally expect there are inevitably some difficult and challenging situations. You need to be the sort of person that can take things in their stride, remain calm and be confident in dealing with them appropriately.
Experience is welcome but there is no substitute for the right attitude, a caring nature and a sense of humour.
You will be responsible for:
– Line management and supervision of support staff.
– Support the day-to-day running of the support.
– Assist with producing, maintaining and managing the staff roster.
– Lead and promote high quality outcome focused support.
– Liaison with other people and professionals involved in the support.
– Provide on call support and assistance when required.
To be successful in the role you will need to evidence the following skills and qualities:
– Experience of working with adults with a learning disability and complex behaviour.
– Knowledge of support planning, risk assessment and rota management.
– Strong track record of achieving outcomes for individuals.
– A full UK driving licence.
– An NVQ/ Diploma Level 2 or 3 or equivalent, or will be willing to work towards these qualifications
– IT skills
– Experience of Iplanit is desirable but not essential
We can and do provide comprehensive induction and ongoing training with the opportunity to complete recognised social care qualifications.
Due to the nature of our day service and the amount of community based activities, a driving licence is essential.
Is this the right sort of role for you? If so, we would love to hear from you.
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Dave Bronze on 07500085103
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check which will be paid for by Thera.