There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 27/09/19
Job Purpose: I am a 62-year-old married male with a love of photography and nature in general. I have a serious lung condition and use Oxygen when required. I am also a below the knee amputee and wear a prosthetic leg. Outside of the house, I can only walk a very short distance, so use an electric scooter. Your role will be to assist with a variety of tasks at home and out and about, which will support me to live an independent personal and social life. Please note that this post is temporary to cover the absence of my current PA.
Location: Bowthorpe, Norwich.
• Assisting me with washing my hair, dressing and other aspects of my morning routine as required.
• Domestic support including all aspects of cleaning, laundry, ironing, shopping and preparing light meals/snacks.
• Supporting me with my interests, and in particular with my love of photography, by assisting me to access nature reserves. This will involve lifting my 4-sectional scooter in and out of my car.
• Any other reasonable tasks as necessary. Tasks will vary on a daily basis.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Good communicator.
• Happy to work around cats.
• Adaptable with work tasks.
• A nature lover with a willingness to take an interest in my hobbies when out and about.
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £8.46 per hour.
• Hours and times of work: 17 hours per week to be worked Monday to Saturday from 8:30am including at least one 4-6-hour day to enable me to access my interests. Hours to be further discussed and mutually agreed at interview.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from one-two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.