There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 13/09/19
Job Purpose: To assist a woman in Norwich with personal care, household tasks, to give motivation, encouragement and support with activities and getting organised.
Location: Norwich (NR2)
Details: I’m a friendly woman in Norwich with MS and osteoporosis who is looking for help to give me a push and encouragement to get my life organised and support me to live my life again! You need to be a female for this role due to the personal care element.
The role includes:
• General housework, such as cleaning and other jobs I struggle to do.
• All aspects of personal care including help with showering, hair washing, toiletry needs and dressing, and dealing with my commodes.
• I am a bit agoraphobic with anxiety issues so I require support to get out and about to access the community and local services. I sometimes like going to my safe places, e.g. garden nurseries and visiting my friends and family.
• I need help with my paperwork that I am unable to manage – filling in forms, filing etc. I have started to do my family tree and would like to continue to do this.
• I would like you to walk my friendly dog, clear up after him in my back garden and take him to vet’s appointments as required.
• I need encouragement, motivation, prompting and the push that I need to do things to help me regain control of my life!
• I require support to do my physio exercises.
• I would like some meals cooked including some batch cooking so I can freeze them.
• I use a wheelchair sometimes indoors and when I go out, so it will need to be folded up and lifted in and out of my car. It is a manual chair so I will need to be pushed when I am in it.
• Depression is part of my illness at present – with your understanding we can try to work through it.
• Any other tasks as required.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Female as personal care is involved
• Patient and understanding
• Able to lift a manual wheelchair in and out of a car
• Comfortable working with a dog in the house
• Comfortable to work in a smoker’s home (I only smoke in one room and not when others are there if they’re not comfortable with smoking)
• Trustworthy, reliable and flexible
• Able to use your own initiative
• Car owner/driver with a clean driving licence – I would like you to drive my Motability vehicle for tasks as part of the job. You may also need to use your own car, and you’ll need suitable insurance to use your car for work purposes
• Experience of supporting someone in a similar situation
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £8.46 per hour.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: Temporary to cover the maternity leave of my current PA/Carer. 15 flexible weekday hours per week from 11am. Days and times can be discussed at interview.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.