Marion Road Centre is open Monday to Friday and provides respite for older people in the city. We have a good relationship with carers and provide a variety of activities daily to stimulate and encourage interaction. We treat everyone as an individual and look after their needs. The staff make sure that every day at Marion Road is one to look forward to.
- To be part of a care team attending to the needs of people attending the Day Centre
- To ensure the values of individuality, privacy, dignity, independence, choice and rights are provided at all times
- The care support worker will be part of a team of care staff and will be accountable to and supervised by the day care manager
- To provide for other colleagues absences
- Duties to include attend, under general supervision, to the physical needs of clients attending the day centre including matters of personal care and hygiene bathing of clients
- To work with other care staff to provide social and creative activities and to stimulate a positive atmosphere, enable clients to achieve maximum benefit from their time spent at the centre
- To serve meals and where necessary assist with feeding whilst being aware of the dietary needs and preferences of individuals
- To be aware of emotional, physical and behavioural changes in people attending and to report such changes to the day centre co-ordinator
If you think you would like to make a difference in someone’s life, please contact Alison Bessey, Manager at Marion Road 01603 667 944 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Full details can be found on our webpage https://www.ageuk.org.uk/norwich/about-us/work-for-us/