Listed below are details of the purpose of the job and what tasks are involved. It is important and advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
To support E, a friendly, inquisitive young girl with autism, associated learning difficulties and other healthcare needs, to attend Barracuda’s Kids Camp on Newmarket Road during October half term.
Location: Norwich NR4.
You will be supporting E with arts and craft activities; to access the swimming pool, bouncy castle and go karts; and with water fights, outdoor play, science play and other fun activities that children enjoy. E’s speech is developing and she can be understood the majority of the time. E requires some support with her personal care; she is doubly incontinent and requires support to clean herself. E will be in a group of children, but your role will be to support her only.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
· Safety conscious
· A passion for working with children, particularly those with additional needs
· Car owner/driver with full UK driving licence and appropriate business insurance or willingness to obtain this.
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £10 per hour.
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
· Hours and times of work: This post is for October half term, Monday 25 October until Friday 29 October, from approx. 8:30am-4:30pm with a later finish some evenings at approx. 5:30pm. There is a possibility that you could remain in my employment for bank cover when this post ends.
· The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.