There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 03/12/21
Listed below are details of the purpose of the job and what tasks are involved. It is important and advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
- Personal care: washing, dressing and toileting.
- Domestic tasks: cleaning, laundry and meal preparation.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Female due to the personal care aspects of the role.
- Good communication skills.
- Honest, trustworthy, reliable and punctual.
- Caring, compassionate, patient and respectful.
- Knowledge of manual handling and experience of using a hoist.
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour.
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: This is a temporary position for at least 6 months to cover maternity leave. The start date is 14th December. You will be working on a 2 week rolling rota: week 1 being Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday; and week 2 being Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. Each day comprises 4.5 hours to be worked in two shifts from 9am-11am and 4pm-6:30pm. This role is also to provide cover for the absence of my other carers, which may be at short notice.
- The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
‘To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.