There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Closing Date: 01/03/21
Do you consider yourself management material?
We are looking for two passionate, flexible, highly motivated, proactive and committed Team Managers to join our team.
We have a full-time vacancy in our Faro Lodge respite service and a full-time vacancy in our King’s Lynn Community Hub day service. Pay grade: £22,183 – £23,541 per annum
As a highly motivated, creative, and practical person, you will manage and lead a team of support staff and oversee the day to day running of the service. You will be supporting and responsible to the Service Manager in this role.
You will be expected to work on your own initiative, to ensure the schemes are well-led and meeting CQC standards whilst ensuring the needs and aspirations of people supported are being met and evidenced.
We would expect you to have good communication skills, be able to manage a staff team, enjoy a challenge and be flexible.
Post-holder will be required to work Monday to Friday, including some unsociable hours, with On Call and Standby duties during evenings and weekends, in accordance with the needs of the service.
If you are as passionate as we are about making a positive and lasting difference in people’s lives, an individual who shares our values in putting people at the centre of everything you do and would be dedicated to delivering high-quality care, support and outcomes we would love to hear from you.
• Comprehensive training and personal development
• Employee well-being benefits
• 20 days annual leave plus 8 recognised public holidays
• Evidence of coaching and mentoring others to achieve desired outcomes
• Good ICT skills and competency using Microsoft Office
• Evidence of ability to successfully communicate with a range of different audiences
• Demonstrate the ability to work on own initiative
• Full driving licence and access to a car
• Flexibility regarding working hours to participate in any out-of-hours on-call rota (weekends and/or evenings)
• Understanding of Quality Assurance Frameworks for services
• Working knowledge of Adult and Mental Health Services frameworks
• Experience of being a leader
• Evidence of change management and resilience building
Independence Matters provides a range of services including respite, supported living, personal assistance and Community Hubs (day services). Our Hubs are regulated by the local authority Quality Assurance Team and the others are registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC). All services support the customers to improve or maintain their level of independence and lifestyle choices.
Each service is person centred and for example, may include support to get out and about with friends, hobbies, being a volunteer and/or finding paid employment. We also offer practical support with daily tasks in customers’ homes such as assistance with personal care, shopping and preparing meals. We offer short and longer-term services for customers and their family carers including in times of crisis such as illness or other emergency situations.