There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
New Boundaries Group
Between £12.01- £15.00 Per Hour
New Boundaries Group
Closing Date: 31/03/24
At New Boundaries Group our mission is to provide person centred support in a safe environment where people are enabled to make choices and develop independence in a modern society. The group cares for service users who have complex learning disability needs and whose mental and social needs would benefit from living in a small group environment.
We are committed to providing person centered care that enables adults with learning disabilities to be independent and reach their potential. Our dedicated teams work closely with health and social care colleagues to provide the best possible residential care and support.
We are seeking a dedicated and caring individuals to join our team of support staff in Taverham and Barnham Broom. The ideal candidate will have an enabling approach to social care and be able to communicate effectively with residents, families and health care professionals.
You will be responsible for leading a small team of support workers, and taking a pivotal role within the home. To have a close working and supportive relationship with New Boundaries Management Team in the delivery of the company ethos. This will include working closely with the Service Manager in helping ensure the day to day delivery of high quality care. The Team Leader will undertake all the duties of a Support Worker but will also accept additional responsibilities for leading/supervising her/his support worker colleagues, ensuring compliance with New Boundaries standards and procedures.
Full-time 37.5 based on a rota of 07:45 16:15, and 16:00 22:00
Will start at £12 per hour but will be rising in April 2024, new rate to be confirmed.
In return to your hard work, you will be given a competitive salary, a comprehensive training program and good career progression opportunities and the satisfaction of knowing, you have contributed to improving the lives for the people we are for.
- Familiarise her/himself with the care plans of all residents and by example and demonstration lead other support workers in the delivery of those care plans.
Work closely with the Service Manager supporting them in respect of:
- Care of residents
- Ensuring that care practices and performance conform to the standards and requirements of Care Quality Commission Standards, New Boundaries policies etc.
- Leading/supervising staff and assisting in monitoring the standards of care provided to residents covering matters including
- Providing a caring, supportive and nurturing environment in which service users can feel secure and free from harm.
- The state of resident’s personal care – hygiene, nails, grooming, clothing etc
- Residents receive appropriate encouragement and support to maximize their abilities and independence and are provided with appropriate recreational opportunities.
- That resident’s medications are correctly administered according to relevant prescriptions and the New Boundaries medication procedures
- Maintenance of good standards of record keeping and reporting including ensuring that the diary and communication book are properly used and that appropriate action is taken in respect of the content and ensure that all paperwork is clear and legible.
- Organizing and supporting visits to service users by external professionals and visits by residents to GP’s, dental services, outpatient clinics etc.
- Support to day activities and organizing weekend/evening outings
- Ensuring that significant changes and developments regarding residents – physical condition, mental state etc. are recorded and reported as laid down in New Boundaries procedures and Social Services requirements.
- In common with other support workers, the team leader will be a designated keyworker and also support other staff in their role.
- Assemble information required from key workers and others for the purposes of care reviews and attend if required.
How to Apply:
If you share our belief and would like to make a positive difference to our residents life then please apply now.
Please press the Apply Now button to send us a request for an application form or to ask any questions about the role.