Additional payment will be made for sleep in duties and enhanced rates of pay will apply to this role for weekend working.
Hours: Full-time, 37 hours per week – plus sleep in duties
The role of Team Leader will include the day to day responsibility for the running of one of our Residential services in Dereham, which will be in close liaison with the Deputy and Registered Manager. Providing daily support to people who are within the autistic spectrum, you will be actively supporting and encouraging the people we support to carry out their daily routines and both in house and community based activities.
You will be a flexible individual with a proactive approach to your work and have good leadership skills.
Your main duties will include:
- Leading the staff team and allocating duties to ensure that the people we support have their daily needs fully met.
- Day to day responsibility for the running of the service, supporting staff members and promoting open and effective communication.
- Prepare written reports as required and attend multi-disciplinary team meetings, joined up senior meetings, Annual Review Meetings and Care Meetings.
- Manage a supportive partnership with the families, advocates, significant others and external bodies to support a positive image of Autism Anglia and the work we carry out.
- Work with other staff to key work the people we support, promoting independence and advocating on their behalf if required.
- Experience of working within adult health and social care services – essential
- Experience of working with individuals with an autistic spectrum condition or willingness to learn – essential
- Ability and willingness to contribute to the formulation of procedures – essential
- Experience of the supervision and development of staff – essential
- Ability and confidence to make decisions, encourage, motivate and advocate for others – essential
It is essential that the post holder should have a full driving licence.
Autism Anglia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 27 days after 5 years) plus 8 bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Death in Service Benefit
- Access to Perkbox incentives including exclusive High Street, entertainment, restaurant and supermarket discounts
- Refer a friend scheme
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a well-established home and charity. Autism Anglia provides an extensive Autism specific induction on commencement of employment an extensive training package with continuing professional development and regular supervision.
Closing date for applications: 29th July 2020
If no response is received within 3 weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply again for other positions.
In the first instance please send your CV to email@example.com or if you would like further information please call Head Office on 01206 913785.