There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Closing Date: 24/11/19
Thornage Hall Independent Living aims to provide a meaningful residential and working environment for its adult members, some of whom have special needs. In addition to a range of work opportunities, social, artistic and therapeutic activities are an integral part of life, where everyone participates to the best of their abilities. The community is situated on the edge of Thornage village in 70 acres of grounds set in the attractive North Norfolk Countryside.
We require Support Workers who are prepared to work up to 15/16 hrs over a weekend with the option to pick up extra shifts.
This is a varied role where you will not only support the tenants to meet their health needs, to maintain their tenancy (cleaning and managing finances) but you will also be able to support the tenants to develop their cooking skills by encouraging healthy eating options and supporting to plan and prepare meals. You will also have the opportunity to attend and plan events with them. You must have a full driving licence.
What are the benefits:
- Flexible working pattern
- Salary band entry level £16,975 with increments awarded on completion of probation and in house training
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays for full time staff
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme to support you with any personal or work related issues
- Free Yoga classes
- Funded and continuous support in gaining professional qualifications
- Discounted bio-dynamic fruit and vegetable boxes together with discounted Red Poll meat packs
- The opportunity to work in a 70 acre bio-dynamic land community in the beautiful North Norfolk countryside 5 minutes (by car) from Holt.
Successful applicants must undergo a DBS check.
We are unable to accept CVs, so please visit our website to download the job description and application form. Full details on how to return your form can be found at www.thornagehall.co.uk/work_for_us.