There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Support Workers – Livability
John Grooms Court
£7.50-£8.00 Per Hour
John Grooms Court
Closing Date: 30/04/17
John Grooms Court in Norwich and Prospects in Long Stratton are looking for Support Workers unqualified and qualified.
- Work to the highest standards of professional support to enable individuals to maximise their quality of life and live as independently as possible within the community
- Support individuals to develop independent living skills, respond to the needs of each individual within the specified Care or Person Centred Plan, so that they are able to make informed choices whilst maintaining their safety
- Establish with Service Users a relationship of mutual trust and respect and support them in a person-centred way promoting the values of individuality, independence, privacy, partnership, choice, dignity, respect and rights and enable individuals to live as independently as their disability allows
- Support Service Users to work within agreed and identified routines as set out in daily/weekly activities planners providing as required personal care (e.g. washing, dressing, toileting, eating and mobility), respecting their dignity, privacy independence and rights as far as possible.
- Support the safeguarding of Service Users, ensuring that systems are followed, all causes for concern are reported and if needed, support investigations being undertaken
- Support Service Users to access professional or specialist services where required and encourage them to recognise the benefits of additional support services related to their individual need.
- Support Service Users and assist as appropriate (within your limits of your training) to follow any prescribed medication or necessary dietary requirements and ensure that this is recorded within reporting procedures
- Assist Service Users with personal shopping and menu planning, preparing & serving meals, ensuring that any food provided meets the food hygiene standards and their nutritional needs
- Assist Service Users, where required, to manage their finances in their preferred way following their financial plans and in line with policy and procedures. Support the Service Users to pay bills, prevent/reduce debt and manage their weekly/monthly expendable income
If you need further information about the role please download the Job Profile Document and to apply please click ‘Apply for this job’ button, clearly follow the instructions and fully complete your application form.
Alternatively, send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org