There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£7.50-£8.00 + benefits! Per Hour
Closing Date: 27/04/18
SUPPORT WORKER – FULL TIME – WISBECH
About the Role
Would you like to join out team at our Lindisfarne, Wisbech, we are looking to recruit full time Support Workers to support our service users in their own accommodation in supported living.
We are providing individuals with practical and emotional care, enabling them to lead as ordinary life as they can achieve.
You will need to be flexible as you are required to work shifts including bank holidays, weekends and potentially sleep ins.
If your best traits are positivity, friendliness and innovation then this job is for you!
Benefits of being a CareTech Employee
- We offer Permanent contracts
- Part Time contracts 16hrs, 22.5 or 30 hrs or become a Bank Staff worker
- We provide a full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
- We provide FREE training to achieve qualification in Social Care
- Career progression path within the company
- Competitive rates of pay
- Employee Assistance Helpline
- Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Retail discount vouchers
- Various shift patterns available to suit your lifestyle
- DBS check paid by CareTech prior to starting with us
- Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To participate in the day-to-day implementation of individual support plans and activities within a challenging environment.
- To maintain effective communication and liaison with service users, families and other whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality.
- To support service users with the preparation of meals, laundry duties, cleaning and social events.
- To maintain accurate notes and records as and when required.
- To work as part of a team to provide high quality care
- The Successful Candidate for the role will have
- NVQ in Health and Social Care or be willing to work towards.
- Experience in supporting adults with challenging behavior, learning disabilities and/or mental health issues.
- The ability to keep calm under pressure.
- Confidence to work alone and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The passion to work with vulnerable Adults.
- The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding.CareTech Community Services established in 1993 has 250 services with continuous growth with new developments/services.We are committed to providing the highest levels of care to our residentsAll applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and all employees are checked against the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).CareTech are proud to be a Disability Confident Leader
- Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with the Equality Act 2010
- To enable us to do this we need caring and dedicated professionals to deliver first class care.
- CareTech Community Services is a national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviors associated with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions. We support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and also in residential care.
- About CareTech