There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Full/ Part time and Relief
Closing Date: 05/07/19
Thornage Hall is an independent charity located in the idyllic countryside of North Norfolk, providing supported living, learning and working for people with learning disabilities. We have vacancies for Support Workers as follows:
Full-time – 37.5 hours per week, including evenings and weekends
Weekend shifts – up to 15/16 hrs over a weekend with the option to pick up extra shifts
Late shifts – part time and full time available with the option to pick up sleep in shifts
These vacancies will be based in any of our 5 supported living services and involve working with all our tenants. Ideally you will have experience of working with vulnerable adults, supporting them to live the life they choose, creating a safe, harmonious and caring environment that fosters the physical and emotional well-being of all our tenants and the staff, co-workers who support them.
However, you don’t need to have worked in supported living before to be a good support worker. If you are caring, supportive and want to work in a job that is genuinely rewarding, then we are keen to hear from you.
This is a varied role where you will not only support the tenants to meet their health needs and maintain their tenancy (cleaning and managing finances) but also to develop their cooking skills by encouraging healthy eating options and supporting to plan and prepare meals.
Some of the benefits you receive are:
- Flexible working pattern
- Salary band entry level £16,795 (£8.21/hr) with increments awarded on completion of probation and in house training
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays for full time staff
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free Yoga classes
- Funded and continuous support in gaining professional qualifications
- Discounted vegetable boxes
- Work in fantastic surroundings on a 70 acre bio-dynamic land community 5 minutes (by car) from Holt.
Successful applicants must undergo a DBS check.