There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Closing Date: 28/06/19
Norwich, Dereham, Wymondham, Thetford, Watton, Norfolk, Swaffham, Attleborough, East harling, Great Ellingham, New Buckenham,
Westward Farm requires Support Workers to support Service Users with Learning Disabilities with complex challenging behaviours. Westward Healthcare is a unique service as we supply each Service User with their own flat, this is comprised of bedroom with en suite and open planned kitchen, dining and lounge area. As a Support Worker we go into their flats and promote their independence as much as possible all the way from completing personal care through to accessing the community. Due to the Service User’s having learning disabilities with complex challenging behaviours the Support Workers help the Service User through this period and may face the challenging behaviours. When going out into the community activities can range from going food shopping all the way up to holidays and trips to london etc.
This is an incredibly rewarding job role.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assisting the Service User’s to complete basic day to day task such as cooking cleaning and personal care.
- Assist the Service User to access appropriate healthcare
- Assist the Service User to access the community
- Fill in correct paper work required on a daily bases to the Senior on shift
- Complete monthly roles on time and to a high standard
Qualifications and Skills
Preferably NVQ level 2 in health and social care but no essential due to full in house training provided
- Competitive rate of pay
- 235 hours paid annual leave
- 42 hours per week with 2 week rolling rota
- 7 days off in 14
- Extensive training provided
- Opportunities to undergo NVQ in health and social care
- Opportunities to progress within the company
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent