There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£8.18 to £8.59 per hour Per Hour
Full/Part time guaranteed hours
Janith Homes Ltd
Closing Date: 27/10/17
Support Workers required at The Rookery, a large family run residential home for adults with learning disabilities,in the coastal village of Walcott.
We have permanent full and part time positions available, experience is an advantage but not necessary as full training is provided, however, a full driving licence is required.
The Rookery is set in extensive grounds and is adjacent to Barrington Farm Day Services which includes a small rare breeds farm accessible to our residents.
Duties include the following:
- Encourage residents to make informed choices and have new experiences within an agreed plan of risk taking.
- Support resident’s participation in appropriate activities.
- Enable and assist residents to access a varied range of leisure activities and services in the local community within their ability.
- Encourage and assist residents to manage their own finances.
- Participate and assist residents during their daily routine where appropriate.
- Assist in the provision of the highest possible standards with regard to quality of life and a homely environment, including support for those residents who represent a challenge to the service.
- Assist residents to have access to and receive appropriate health care
- Provide personal care for residents, as appropriate, which may involve washing, dressing, toileting, intimate personal care, administering medication.
- Act as a key worker for designated residents, as required.
- Help promote the positive participation of relatives, friends and volunteers in the lives of the individual residents.
- Maintain good working relationships with professionals and others.
- Participate in resident’s reviews, share action planning etc.
- Work in the framework of a staff rota, based around the resident’s needs and the requirements of the Company.
- Take the appropriate action to comply with policies and procedures, ensuring the well-being of residents
If you are interested in joining our team please contact us on 01692 650707 or email email@example.com for further information and an application form