There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £10.01-12.00 Per Hour
Closing Date: 19/08/22
Support Worker Vacancies – Personal Assistant Support (Floating Support City) – Based in Norwich
Service type: Support at home and in the community
Hourly rate: £10.07 per hour
Contract type: Permanent, Part-time, 21 hours per week & Zero Hour Vacancies
We are Independence Matters, a provider of adult care services in Norfolk. Our mission is to empower individuals, their families, and carers, to live the lives they choose and remain independent. Covering the whole of Norfolk, we provide support opportunities in the home and in the community for adults with learning disabilities and complex needs, young people in transition and those living with dementia.
Visit our website at: www.independencematters.org.uk to find out more about us.
We have fantastic opportunities for Support Workers to join our Personal Assistant Support team – Norwich based, either on a Part-Time or Zero Hour basis. No previous experience is necessary as we provide full training. Working flexibly and proactively supporting customers to live independently in their own homes and in the community. Ensuring independence, choice and dignity are at the centre of everything they do, duties are varied and no two days are the same.
Our customers are individuals, and they all deserve to be treated as such. Duties may include supporting with personal care needs, as well as helping them to take part in a wide range of special interests and activities that support their health and wellbeing and independent living skills such as arts and crafts, shopping, managing money, social occasions and through to support with work experience.
Full Job description is available on our website careers page www.independencematters.org.uk
Benefits and Recognition
In return for your hard work and passion you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our valued colleagues:
- 20 days annual leave plus recognised public holidays. Annual leave entitlement rises to 22 days after two years’ service and 25 days after five years’ service (pro rata for part time employees).
- Option to buy additional annual leave.
- Comprehensive induction and ongoing training and development, including Industry recognised qualifications
- 24/7 access to a confidential and independent counselling and information service.
- Long Service Awards and recognition scheme.
- Colleagues Advisory Board which acts as link between colleagues and the Independence Matters Board.
- Occupational Health and Musculoskeletal Injury Rehabilitation Service.
- Access to great discounts through Blue Light Card scheme.
- Occupational sick pay from commencement of employment.
- Access to credit union for savings and loans schemes
- Free onsite parking
This is a Care Quality Commission registered service providing flexible support, ranging from one to 24 hours a day seven days per week. This role requires working on a rota that may include early and late shifts throughout the week and weekend. There are a range of different shift patterns available to fit in with any other commitments you may already have.
This role is subject to an enhanced with barred lists DBS check and suitable references. It is essential that the role holder has a full UK driving licence and full business insurance to use their vehicle for work.
Interested? To find out more, please contact Eve Levitt on 01603 306046 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal chat.
Send your CV with a covering letter confirming the role you are applying for by clicking Apply Now
Closing date for applications 19 August 2022.