There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Closing Date: 31/05/20
Location: Heathers, Bacton, Norfolk
Salary: £9.15 per hour plus enhancements for overtime and night working up to £10.15 per hour
Job type: Permanent, Full-time
Jeesal Group have been established for over 30 years and we are dedicated in providing person-centred care for people with a learning disability. We are currently looking for Support Workers to join our team based in Bacton, near to North Walsham.
Our Heathers home opened in 2008, providing residential care for individuals who have complex behaviours resulting from the issues around their learning disability and/or autism.
Responsibilities of a Support Worker:
- Provide support to individuals in a respectful, sensitive, compassionate and person-centred manner in all aspects of their daily living.
- To support service users to develop their skills in various activities of daily living.
- Promote independence and development of appropriate skills and relationships to enable service users to make full use of community facilities.
- Support service users to lead full lives and develop a range of relationships.
- Support service users flexibly in response to their changing needs and aspirations and feedback from the individual and family members.
- Be a positive link with families and others important to the service user
Requirements of a Support Worker:
- Desirable but not essential to have an NVQ 2 or a Diploma in Health and Social Care or be working towards this
- A positive attitude and commitment to service users, their development and the Service as a whole
- Objective, non-discriminatory, approachable and professional and able to act as a good role model for our service users.
- Must have a compassionate and caring nature
- Able to manage change and be flexible and adaptable
- Able to work a variety of shift patterns including Weekends, Waking Nights, earlier lates and long days as required.
- Have full UK driving licence
Benefits of becoming a Support Worker:
- £9.15 per hour plus enhancements for overtime and night working up to £10.15 per hour
- Comprehensive induction training programme for new starters and a genuine commitment to personal and professional development.
- Career Development Opportunities
- Annual Leave entitlement of 28 days
- Perkbox Employee Discount Scheme
- Recommend a Friend Scheme – worth £300, subject to conditions. (Tax Deductible).
- Bike to Work Scheme.
- Free 24hr Confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
- Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- We will pay for your DBS Check
Click apply and make a difference today.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to developing our staff.
We positively encourage applications regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and age.
All Appointments are subject to an acceptable enhanced DBS Check