There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Closing Date: 31/10/19
At Jeesal Cawston Park Hospital, our mission is to provide a caring and nourishing Centre of Excellence, supporting people with learning disabilities to lead fulfilling lives.
We have opportunities for Support Workers to join our team. Whether you are experienced or inexperienced we would love to hear from you as full training will be provided. Above all, we are looking for compassionate people like you, who share our values.
In return you will receive £8.75 per hour with a £2 per hour enhancements for working weekends (Subject to Conditions) Additional higher banding’s are available with additional responsibilities and vocational qualifications.
Full and Part Time opportunities available with shifts including nights, days and weekend work on a rota basis.
Cawston Park Hospital is located approximately 11 miles north of Norwich near to the towns of Aylsham and Reepham.
As a Support Worker you will:
- Be a role model for patients and be actively involved in engaging patients in daily activities, educational programme, behavioural support programmes and leisure / recreational activities.
- You will accompany patients to their external activities, appointments, visits and events as required.
- You shall be actively involved with patient needs lead educational and therapeutic activities to aid rehabilitation in accordance with a patients 24 hour individual timetable of events/ activities.
- Support the Ward Managers, Nurses’ and Senior Support Workers with duties designated to them.
Pay and benefits
- Starting hourly rate of £8.75
- Extra £2 p/h for weekend work (Subject to Conditions)
- Additional pay banding’s for additional responsibilities and vocational qualifications
- Comprehensive induction training programme for new starters and a genuine commitment to personal and professional development.
- Recommend a Friend Scheme – worth £300, subject to conditions. (Tax Deductible).
- Bike to Work Scheme.
- Free 24 hr Confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
- We will pay for your DBS Check
About Cawston Park:
Jeesal Cawston Park is a private hospital registered with Care Quality Commission (CQC) providing assessment, treatment and rehabilitation within picturesque grounds.
Jeesal Cawston Park Hospital (JCP) provides assessment, treatment and rehabilitation services. We have three main units which offer support in both locked and open rehabilitation. The units support people with learning disabilities who are experiencing distressed behaviour.
We have a number of single bespoke service provisions for people who find living with others difficult, together with flats where we support people to improve their independent skills prior to discharge.
As well as our Hospital in Cawston we have homes situated in Norwich, Cromer, Buxton, North Walsham, Fakenham and surrounding areas.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to developing our staff. We positively encourage applications regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.
All Appointments are subject to an acceptable enhanced DBS check.