There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Closing Date: 07/11/21
Support Worker Vacancies
Supported Living – Sprowston, Norwich
Service type: Learning disability support at home
Hourly rate: £9.69
Full and part time roles available
Zero hours contract also available
Are you passionate about supporting people to live the life they choose?
We have opportunities for support workers to join our fantastic supported living team, supporting people to live independently in their own home – on an individual basis in single occupancy properties or in shared accommodation.
You will be working with customers to ensure they get the right support, designed to build their confidence and enable them to live successfully and happily.
This is a Care Quality Commission registered service providing flexible support, ranging from one hour per day to 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
The role is subject to an enhanced with barred lists DBS check and suitable references.
It is essential that the role holder has a full UK driving licence, and full business insurance to use their vehicle for work.
What does a Support Worker do?
We believe our support workers are our most important asset. Joining our dedicated team you will be working on a rota that may include early and late shifts throughout the week and weekend. There may be a requirement to do waking nights or sleep ins.
You will be asked to provide an outstanding level of support to our customers, work flexibly and be proactive in ensuring their independence, choices and dignity are at the centre of everything you do. Some of the support may include:
- Working with customers and their carers to understand what really matters to customers and their ambition for their lives.
- Community and social inclusion – supporting customers to access and participate in their local community and social events to promote life skills and individuality.
- Personal care – assisting with personal hygiene and using the bathroom.
- Supporting customers to live independently – money management, tenancy and paying bills, housework, organising appointments and cooking delicious healthy meals.
- Supporting customers with positive behavioural support.
- Excellent communication skills/relationship building – supporting customers to retain and develop independent living skills and promote positive relationships.
- Empathic listening, enables and empowers customers and colleagues.
- Actively encouraging and empowering independence in choice.
Benefits and Recognition
In return for your hard work and passion you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our valued colleagues:
- 20 days annual leave plus recognised public holidays. Annual leave entitlement rises to 22 days after two years’ service and 25 days after five years’ service. This is pro rata for part time employees.
- Option to buy additional annual leave.
- Comprehensive induction and ongoing training and development. (Industry recognised qualifications)
- 24/7 access to a confidential and independent counselling and information service.
- Award and recognition scheme.
- Colleagues Advisory Board which acts as link between colleagues and the Independence Matters Board.
- Occupational Health and Musculoskeletal Injury Rehabilitation Service.
- Access to great discounts through Blue Light Card scheme.
- Occupational sick pay after one years’ service.
About Independence Matters
Our vision is to be the social care provider of choice. We recruit on values and train on skills. We prioritise the success of our colleagues in everything we do, and welcome applications from everyone, so come as you are and join us.
How to apply
To apply for this vacancy, send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the name of the role and location you are applying for, including if you wish to apply for full-time (37 hours) pert-time or zero hours.
To find out more about the role, contact Jane Abel by clicking ‘Call Now’ or email email@example.com
Visit our website at: www.independencematters.org.uk
End of day, 07 November 2021