There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 10/07/20
To provide support to a family by befriending ‘B’ their 11-year-old son. Assisting ‘B’ in accessing the community and in turn providing respite for Mum.
Location: Morston, near Holt/Fakenham
‘B’ is an active outdoors lad who, while living with ASD, enjoys doing things all 11-year olds like doing. One day you could take ‘B’ to Bewilderwood or the dinosaur park (your expenses paid), another day ‘B’ may prefer to go to the local park or down to the nearby quay. If the weather dictates ‘B’ enjoys nothing more than cooking, art and craft and playing Minecraft or for you to take him to the cinema or swimming. You will need to build a good rapport with ‘B’ and have the skills to support ‘B’ if he does display challenging behaviour. ‘B’ has been allocated a fixed number of hours for support up to April 2021 (when his needs will be reassessed) and you will be required to support ‘B’ weekends and school holidays and possibly some evenings.
This position may be of particular interest to students seeking experiencing in the health and social care sector.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Experience of working with children who can display challenging behaviour or seeking to gain experience in this field
• Patient and understanding
• Car owner (clean licence) with relevant business insurance
• Flexible in relation to hours worked
• Outgoing nature
• Shared interests
Summary terms and conditions:
• The rate of pay for this position is £12 per hour
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: flexible: weekends, school holidays and possibly evenings, to be discussed further at interview.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.