Listed below are details of the purpose and general tasks of the job to provide some insight of what is involved. It is advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
Location: Norwich, NR3
I am looking for a Personal Assistant to support my son with all aspects of his care, supporting primarily with cleaning and organising, as well as helping him establish positive routines.
My son has Attention Deficit Disorder, Alexia (word blindness – he cannot read but can spell out letters etc) and Dyscalculia (no sense or understanding of time). This means that he can struggle with managing day to day tasks, such as understanding money, using appliances safely, remembering appointments and navigating travel safely. Having said all this, my son is a very talented and creative individual who enjoys photography, playing guitar and composing songs, and an applicant with similar interests would be welcomed.
Duties to include:
· Domestic tasks to help my son maintain a clean and tidy home environment including cleaning, hoovering, dusting, changing bed linen and doing laundry.
· Providing support to ensure appliances such as the cooker are used safely.
· Providing prompts and reminders with tasks such as emptying the bins and using the washing machine.
· Support with preparing nutritious meals in line with dietary requirements.
· Any other reasonable duties as requested.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
· Driving license vehicle with own vehicle and appropriate business insurance cover.
· Patience is required as you may find yourselves reminding and prompting many times a day.
· Sense of humour, compassion, and kindness.
Summary terms and conditions
· The rate of pay for this position is £10.00 per hour.
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
· Hours and times of work: 4 hours per week, working Monday and Wednesday mornings with some flexibility around start times. Additional hours will be available to cover sickness, holiday and ad-hoc support tasks.
The post is subject to the following
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
‘To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.