There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 10/12/21
Listed below are details of the purpose of the job and what tasks are involved. It is important and advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
Job Purpose: Our son, C is 18 years old with a slapstick sense of humour, who loves Marvel. He has autism and learning disabilities, so would love your support to access activities of interest to him and increase his independence from his family.
- Assisting C to travel into the city by bus to enjoy activities such as the cinema, charity shops or the library.
- Assisting C with money handling and to improve his general independence.
- Prompting C to attend to his personal care etc.
- Supporting C, who is fully verbal, to become more confident with his communication skills.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Reliable, responsible and trustworthy.
- Willing to engage with C regarding his interests.
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour.
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: 16 hours per month to be worked flexibly evenings and weekends to suit both parties.
- The annual holiday entitlement will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period.
‘To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.