There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£9.01 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 05/06/20
Job Purpose: To support a man to live independently.
Location: Thorpe St Andrew, Norwich
I’m a 54-year-old man with my own flat. I need assistance to live independently including with the following tasks:
– Meal preparation and batch cooking.
– Food shopping.
– Domestic and household tasks.
– Encouraging and supporting me to take a walk once a day during the current restrictions. Once life becomes more normal, I would like you to transport me to and from my interests such as snooker or going to the coast, to and from activities at Wensum Lodge, and to appointments.
– Encourage and support me to do more for myself and remind me to do things and support me to live my life.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Car owner/driver with suitable insurance to use your car for work purposes.
• Trustworthy and reliable.
• Good initiative.
• Cooking skills.
• Able to provide encouragement and motivation to do things.
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £9.01 per hour. You will be paid twice your normal rate for work carried out on a bank holiday.
• Hours and times of work: 10 hours per week to be worked over 5 days including an hour on a Saturday and Sunday. Exact hours to be further discussed at interview. Extra hours will be available to cover the holiday/sickness of my other support worker, who works 8 hours per week.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.