There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 24/01/20
Job Purpose: You will be supporting R, a 15-year-old girl who loves shopping, dancing, skating, wrestling and eating out! R has epilepsy and learning disabilities; she tires easily and can only walk short distances.
• Supporting R to access activities of interest to her, such as wrestling and dance classes, going out for lunch, shopping or skating.
• Supporting R with aspects of personal hygiene.
• Driving R in your own vehicle and being vigilant to her safety when out and about.
• Supporting R in the event of a seizure – full guidance will be provided.
• Promoting R’s independence around money management, making good decisions etc.
• Encouraging and motivating R to get out and about and socialise.
NB – Please note that this job involves working with children or young people. In this instance, R’s mum will be your employer.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Car owner/driver with appropriate insurance to drive your vehicle for work purposes.
• Female due to the personal care aspects of the role.
• Experience of seizure support.
• Bubbly and enthusiastic personality.
• Good listener.
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £10 per hour
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 317 hours per year comprising 3 hours per week, plus an extra 5 hours per week during school holidays and 8 hours per month to accommodate longer trips out. Hours will be arranged by prior agreement to suit both parties.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.