There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 08/11/19
Job Purpose: To support me to care for my grandson and to help with household tasks, particularly when I am unwell.
Location: Hemsby, Great Yarmouth
I live in Hemsby with my 10 year old grandson. I have health problems which can make it difficult for me to carry out domestic tasks and to give my grandson, who has challenging behaviour, the attention he needs. I need someone who can take over from me when I can’t do it and to give me a break so that I can cope better at other times.
My conditions fluctuates so some days I feel better than others. The tasks I need help with will vary but could include:
• Helping my grandson to get ready for school, ready to be picked up/helping him to get ready for bed
• Meal preparation
• Taking my grandson to an after school club on Mondays in Gapton
• Entertaining my grandson at home – he likes computers & board games or accompanying him places such as out for a walk with the dogs.
NB – This job involves working with young people or children
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Car driver
• Honest & trustworthy
• Happy to work around pets, we have two dogs and a cat
• Non-confrontational, someone who can remain calm and deescalate a situation. Training in de-escalation techniques will be provided.
• Experience of working with OR an awareness of children with challenging behaviour
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £8.46 per hour
• You won’t normally be required to work on a bank holiday – I may move your hours to be worked at a different time instead.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 10 hours per week in two 5 hour blocks. There is some flexibility with the days and times of work which can be discussed further at interview.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.