There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 15/12/19
To support a loud, exuberant and strong willed 20-year old lad living with autism to access and socialise within the community. Ensuring a safe environment is always maintained.
I require you to support me at Barrington Farm every Friday, helping me to stay safe and join in any activities. On another day we will plan to spend some time together doing other things I enjoy such as going to the cinema, visiting the amusements at Yarmouth and bowling. I am Norwich City mad and it would be good if you also enjoyed football. Occasionally, I may display challenging behaviour, so you need to be aware of this and provide a reassuring presence at these times.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Good communication skills
• Car owner/driver with relevant business insurance
• Previous experience of working with a young adult living with autism or experience in a similar environment.
• Positive handling training
• Shared interests
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £12 per hour
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role, mileage paid at 45p per mile
• Hours and times of work: 12 hours a week, Friday to support at Barrington Farm, the other day flexible to be discussed further at interview.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.