There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Dimensions (NSO) Ltd
Closing Date: 10/10/17
Support Worker – Reepham
Start your day knowing you’ll make a difference – join our team of Support Workers in Reepham and create a positive difference that improves the life for the people we support.
We are looking for energetic and enthusiastic people to join our team of Support Workers in the Reepham, Norwich. We have full time, part time and relief Support Worker positions available. Previous experience not essential as we offer intensive person centred training specific to the needs of the gentleman you will be supporting, as well as accredited training in Health and Social Care.
You will be supporting a young man who is fun, energetic and active and likes to get out and about in his life. He has his own motability vehicle in which you will drive on behalf of him to support and enable him to undertake a variety of activities on a weekly basis. He is supported 2:1 during periods of the day and this really enables him to live a full life.
Contact me today to find out more about this role and how you can come and be part of the fun!! 07939 570 428 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Dimensions Approach to Support
Our unique “Activate” approach puts decision making closer to the people we support. It sets personalised and challenging goals with them, their families and you, their Support Worker – by teaching new skills and enabling people to try new experiences.
Research has proven that this progressive model is the best way to deliver measurable improvements in the quality of life for people – and you and your colleagues in their support teams. It achieves an increase in active support and meaningful activity for people, a reduction in challenging behaviour – and an increase in your own satisfaction, with over 60% of Support Workers reporting that the ‘Activate’ model has increased the quality of their working life.
Simply put, our ‘Activate’ approach offers you a better working life, with the satisfaction that you’ve changed someone’s life for the better, in a role where you can be the best that you can be.
Sharing in our Values:
We pride ourselves on being a values based employer. That means we believe passionately in:
Ambition– helping people be the best they can be by:
- Setting personalised and challenging goals.
- Teaching new skills and encouraging new experiences.
Courage – being brave enough to make a difference, by:
- Challenging what you feel is not in the best interest of the person you are supporting.
- Championing what they want to achieve for themselves – and helping to make it happen.
- Helping the people we support to explore new things – and supporting them to realise what they can achieve.
- Giving confidence to people in reaching their goals and not being afraid of new challenges.
- Inspiring innovation and supporting the courage to be creative.
Integrity – being honest and fair in all the things we do, by:
- Communicating clearly – adapting what you say and how you say it, so that it’s meaningful for the person you’re supporting.
- Exercising confidentiality when dealing with vulnerable adults – for example, when managing financial and personal details.
Partnership – working with other people to make a bigger difference, by:
- Understanding the varying needs and requirements of people with disabilities.
- Developing positive working relationships with those involved in Dimensions – including those we support, their families and carers, your internal colleagues and external agencies.
- Working as part of a team.
Respect – treating everyone fairly and knowing that everyone’s voice is important, by:
- Sharing our commitment to Equal Opportunities for all.
- Treating all people with dignity and respect.
Those are the qualities that you’ll need to join the team – they’re beliefs shared by everyone who works with us.
If you think this is the right role for you, come and make a difference to people’s lives, every working day!
If being a Support Worker sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. To apply it couldn’t be simpler – just click on the button below to complete the application process.
Or If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Charles Collier on 07939570428
- Dimensions are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions
- Candidates will be required to provide evidence of their identity and eligibility to work in the UK.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy – Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees