There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 14/08/20
To support an easy going 76-year-old gentleman, who suffers with chronic depression, to access the community
I am looking for someone to accompany on trips out and to provide general companionship. I particularly like visiting museums and places of interest in Norwich and ambling around the city. On another occasion we may go for a pint and have a natter about current affairs so you will need to be a good conversationalist. The number of hours worked will vary dependant on what plans we make with an average of 5 hours per week. If this position is of interest to you and you feel you are a ‘good egg’ who can make a positive impact on someone’s life I would really like to hear from you.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Car owner/driver with relevant business insurance
• Flexible in relation to hours worked and able to work weekends
• Someone with a good understanding of current affairs
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £9.01 per hour
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
• Hours and times of work: average 5 hours per week. For example, Tuesday 2.30pm – 5.30pm and Saturday 2.30pm – 5.30pm, to be discussed further at interview
The post is subject to the following
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.