There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Dimensions (NSO) Ltd
Closing Date: 07/05/21
Job Reference : D010630
New Costessey, Norfolk
Hourly rate – £8.91
Hours – 30 per week
About the role
Dimensions are looking for caring Support Workers in New Costessey, Norfolk to support three gentleman between the ages of 28-54 in their own chalet bungalow.
They are very proud of their garden so you will help them maintain it and enjoy outdoor activities such as swing ball and trampolining with them. At home they also love to watch (and sing along to) musicals as well as watching sports on TV such as football and wrestling. As things open up, they are looking forward to going to watch musicals again in London and they also all like to go bowling.
You will support these gentlemen with full personal care as well as manual handling (pushing wheelchairs/hoisting) and medication.
This is a part-time position offering 30 hours per week. Shift patterns will vary weekly and work around the people we support including 7am -3pm/2pm – 10pm/sleep-ins and alternate weekends (to be discussed at interview).
Successful candidates will work well with the people we support with a person centered approach. No previous experience necessary.
We are passionate about investing in your training and career development. Our training covers essential skills and knowledge to provide support in line with the Care Certificate.
Alongside our generous benefits package, we give you:
- Training Programme including Care Certificate – delivered by Skills for Care endorsed ‘’Centre of Excellence’’
- Access to Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship worth over £3,000.
- Career development opportunities with access to our award winning Aspire programme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme with a 24/7 helpline for advise
- Employee wellbeing strategy and listening network promoting mental health support.
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached.
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places to Work Programme, 2019 and 2020. At Dimensions, you will have the satisfaction of knowing you’ve changed someone’s life, and in return, we’ll help you on your career path to be the best you can be.
If being a Support Worker sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. The attached job description, person specification and additional information will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn’t be simpler – just click on the button below to complete the application process.
An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role and if applicable an overseas DBS check, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy – Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.