There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Full/ Part time and Relief
Anglia Case Management
Closing Date: 20/05/19
Anglia Case Management provides specialist services to individuals living with complex disabilities, including adults with traumatic brain injuries.
We have an exciting opportunity to join a new team, as they support their client with a move from residential care into her own purpose-built property.
- This is a position within a new team who will provide 24/7 care and support to Ms P. The team will work on a rota pattern of early, late and night time shifts providing day time one to one support and waking night support. The team will be made up of a mix of full and part time positions and there will be designated waking night staff.
- The team will be led by a Team Leader who will provide the team with day to day leadership and management support.
- The team will also have relief staff who have no contracted hours and provide cover as and when required.
At the present time there are vacancies on the team for all positions including part time day time staff and relief workers plus designated waking night staff. Please clarify on application form which post you are interested in.
NB – night time staff will initially be appointed on a 6 month fixed term contract to allow for review of night time care needs.
A brief description of the client:-
Ms P is a woman in her early 30’s who suffered a very serious brain injury when she was involved in a road traffic accident in 2004.
She has recently moved to a purposefully adapted bungalow and she is looking forward to getting on with her life and living more independently when she moves.
Ms P is a full-time wheelchair user and requires full support of staff for all activities both at home and in the community including transfers, personal care and all household management including housework, shopping and meal preparation.
- Weekday Hours (0800 – 2200) £10.71
- Weekend Hours (0800 – 2200) £12.75
- Weekday Waking Night (Mon through Thursday 2200 – 0800) £11.22
- Weekend Waking Night (Fri through Sunday 2200 – 0800) £12.75
We also offer:
- Full induction and on-going training
- Regular supervision and on the job support
- 5.6 weeks paid annual leave (pro-rata or equivalent for relief staff)
This post is only open to Female staff only as it involves personal care
Occupational Requirement (Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9 Part I)
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist with all aspects of personal care including toileting, washing, dressing, hair, makeup and some intimate care.
- Assistance with all transfers and mobility.
- Meal and drink preparation of all meals, drinks and snacks. This will include assisting Ms P with her shopping.
- Domestic support – Ms P’s household including housework, washing, ironing and garden maintenance.
- Support Ms P to access leisure, recreation & social activities in the community- Ms P attends various social activities including the local branch of Headway and enjoys going out for day trips. Presently her opportunities to access the community are limited, but it is hoped that the move to the community will increase her opportunities.
- Drive Ms P’s wheelchair accessible vehicle
- Carry out rehabilitation programmes set by Physiotherapy, Psychology and Occupational Therapy following her move to her new home.
Full details can be found in the job description.
To apply for this job, we must receive a completed application form by 20th May at noon.
Call us and we can email you or post you an application pack, alternatively click apply and visit our website where you can view and download the information as well as apply on-line.
Job Ref: JP666 – please state which post you are interested in applying for.