There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Dimensions (NSO) Ltd
Closing Date: 21/09/21
Full training and qualifications provided!
Various locations in Norfolk
Full time and Part time positions are available
At Dimensions, you will have the satisfaction of knowing you’ve changed someone’s life and working for Dimensions is not just a job it’s a career!
About the role
Dimensions is looking for caring Support Workers/Carers to support people with learning disabilities and autism in Melton Constable, Buxton, Thorpe St Andrew, Coltishall and Potter Heigham.
You will be supporting the people we support with various activities such as sports – swimming, rugby, football, and basketball, as well as walks, drama sessions and providing support at the theatre, playing snooker and pool, going to the social clubs, visiting local churches, and going on holiday.
You will also be supporting with daily living skills including meal preparation, personal care, medication, travel, and assistance with accessing community-based activities and teaching independent life skills.
Drivers are desirable as there is limited public transport around these villages. However, if you are in the process of learning to drive please do apply as there are a few options we can consider.
We would love to hear from you! We have several positions available with varied shift patterns, this can include days, evenings , weekends and sleep-ins. This will be discussed further at interview.
The successful applicants would be required to work across two to three of these locations and in a variety of services supporting adults with complex and challenging needs – this will be discussed further at the interview stage.
We are passionate about investing in your training and career development. Our training covers essential skills and knowledge to provide support in line with the Care Certificate. Alongside our excellent training & qualifications programme, we also offer:
- Training time paid for
- Close-knit supportive team with excellent internal communication and regular team meetings
- Wellness programme
- No uniform
- Free enhanced DBS check
- Work place pension
- Access to award winning Aspire career development programme
- Employee recognition awards
- Up to 35 days annual leave
- Monthly pay on a set date
- Free monthly review, appraisals and feedback
- Study for L2 Diploma in Health and Social care after the probation period
- Career development opportunities
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached.
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places to Work Programme, 2019- 2021. At Dimensions, you will have the satisfaction of knowing you’ve changed someone’s life, and in return, we’ll help you on your career path to be the best you can be. Come and join our brilliant team, If being a Support Worker sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. The attached job description, person specification and additional information will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn’t be simpler – just click on the button below to complete the application process.
For further information, please contact Mikaela on 03003039150 or please send your CV to Mikaela.Rubio@dimensions-uk.org
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy – Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
Other Organisations may call this: Community Support Worker, Residential Support Worker, Care Worker, Care Assistant, Social Care Worker, Social Care Assistant or, Bank HCA, Healthcare Assistant or Carer.