There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£8.00 Per Hour
Closing Date: 30/03/18
SUPPORT WORKER (LEARNING DISABILITIES)
Are you looking for a meaningful career where you can make a genuine difference?
We are currently seeking caring and compassionate people to join our team of dedicated professionals at our Residential Home in Buxton, near Coltishall.
This is an opportunity to be part of a team that values respect, dignity and empathy and make a real contribution to the quality of our service users lives.
Days and Night shifts available.
Don’t wait, speak to us today.
- Provide the highest standards of direct care and support to our tenants in all aspects of their daily living, as part of a multi- disciplinary team to an identified group of tenants.
- Act at all times as a role model for our tenants and be actively involved in supporting tenants in the safe acquisition of skills and engaging tenants in daily activities and leisure/recreational activities as outlined in their care plans.
- Significantly contribute, following appropriate training, to the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the tenants’ care plans. To promote individual Person Centred Plans.
- Participate in tenants’ reviews as required by the Support Service Manager.
- Be actively involved with ensuring the consistent delivery of all assessment, treatment and care plans and programmes.
- Desirable but not essential to have an NVQ 2 or a Diploma in Health and Social care or be working towards this.
- Have a positive attitude and commitment to tenants, their development and the Service as a whole.
- Be objective, non-discriminatory, approachable and professional and able to act as a good role model for our tenants.
- Able to manage change and be flexible and adaptable and able to work a variety of shift patterns including nights and weekend working. Must be able to travel as our residential services are based at various locations throughout Norfolk.
Ashwood and Salcasa Houses are based in the Norfolk village of Buxton, between Norwich and Aylsham.
Ashwood House, opened in 1999, provides residential care accommodation for seven people with a learning disability and associated needs. The house provides accommodation for five individuals in the main house with two adjoining, one bedroom apartments.
Salcasa House opened in 2001, providing residential care services for a mixed gender group of five people with a learning disability and associated needs in this modernised bungalow. This includes a one-bedroom apartment annex.
Jeesal has been supporting people with complex needs for over 30 years and has received a number of accolades during this time. More recently we have been honoured to be named ‘Independent Secure Healthcare Provider 2015/16’, by Apex, and ‘Large Training Provider of the Year 2015/16’ by the YMCA.
We have achieved validation from Norfolk and Suffolk Care Services for our training department which is striving to make academy status.
We offer an attractive salary together with an excellent training programme and a commitment to ongoing personal development. At the commencement of their employment, the successful candidate will attend a comprehensive two week induction training programme at our accredited training centre in Norwich.