There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£8.00 Per Hour
Closing Date: 30/03/18
KINDNESS. DIGNITY. EMPATHY.
Are these values important to you? They are for us too.
We currently have vacancies for Support Workers to join the team at our residential home in Bacton, North Walsham, helping to make a real difference to peoples lives.
Opportunities are available for Part Time, Full Time, Days or Nights.
If you are ready for a fresh challenge, don’t wait, get in touch today.
- Provide the highest standards of direct care and support to our tenants in all aspects of their daily living, as part of a multi- disciplinary team to an identified group of tenants.
- Act at all times as a role model for our tenants and be actively involved in supporting tenants in the safe acquisition of skills and engaging tenants in daily activities and leisure/recreational activities as outlined in their care plans.
- Significantly contribute, following appropriate training, to the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the tenants’ care plans.To promote individual Person Centred Plans.
- Participate in tenants’ reviews as required by the Support Service Manager.
- Be actively involved with ensuring the consistent delivery of all assessment, treatment and care plans and programmes.
- Desirable but not essential to have an NVQ 2 or a Diploma in Health and Social care or be working towards this.
- Have a positive attitude and commitment to tenants, their development and the Service as a whole.
- Be objective, non-discriminatory, approachable and professional and able to act as a good role model for our tenants.
- Able to manage change and be flexible and adaptable and able to work a variety of shift patterns including evenings.
Heather’s is half a mile from the seaside village of Bacton on the North Norfolk coast. The village has several shops, public houses and restaurants as well as the beautiful beach. The town of North Walsham is within 10 minutes drive with its wide range of sporting, leisure and recreational facilities.
At Heather’s, we provide the opportunity for 9 individuals to create their own home.
Heather’s opened in 2008, providing residential care for individuals who have complex behaviours resulting from the issues around their learning disability and/or autism.
There is a high ratio of staff on site over a 24-hour period allowing 1:1 support where there is an identified need, whilst promoting independence within the supported living model.