There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Closing Date: 01/03/22
Salary: £10.00 p/h
Doing Amazing Things Together
Good New! We’re hiring – In Great Ellingham we’re looking for strong minded, thoughtful and determined people that love working in an environment where no two days are the same. We want you to be part of something amazing and make a real difference to the lives of the people we support.
We support 3 ladies in Great Ellingham, who live in a rural location in the middle of the countryside. They enjoy walks, gardening, going out to the pub and spontaneous car rides around the countryside. We’re looking for fun-loving people that share similar interests to join our team. As a Waking Night Support Worker, you will need to be calm and organised as it involves cleaning and doing laundry. Furthermore, it involves maintaining a happy, stable and caring environment that will ensure the health, safety and welfare of the ladies supported such as personal care and encouraging the ladies back to bed when necessary.
Thus, want to help the people we support have a more independent and fulfilling life whilst developing a career in social care? Then apply today to find out more about this amazing opportunity!
Please note: This is a rural location therefore, before applying please check that you can get to the location
Affinity Trust is a charity organisation supporting people with learning disabilities to live in their own home and be part of their community.
Why Join Us?
Because the people we support are at the heart of everything we do, we truly value our incredible staff & are committed to ensure they are fully supported.
An Amazing Place to work
- This is the best job – You will not find a more interesting and rewarding job, you will be making a genuine difference to someone’s life
- Our values drive everything we do
- You will get the opportunity to work with some great colleagues and work as “one team”
- You’ll have the opportunity to work flexibly with our range of shift types
- 28 days annual leave pro-rata (including bank holidays), which we increase the longer you are with us.
- To acknowledge the amazing contribution you’ll be making to our (your) team, we will pay you a £200 welcome bonus after 3 months, then another £100 after 6 months & because we truly value your commitment, a further £100 bonus after 12 months to celebrate your Affinity Trust Birthday!
- All work and no play is not fun, so enjoy discounts in your favourite shops, restaurants, travel and great days out with your Blue Light Card that we will provide you
- A 24 Hour Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family members.
- Life Assurance and Pension scheme.
- We will apply for and pay for an enhanced DBS for you
- Sleep in & bank holiday payment enhancements and a 15% overtime premium on hours over 37.5 per week
Development & Your Career
- You will get a great Induction to your new team along with amazing training opportunities that include the Care Certificate, and Diploma in Health & Social Care.
- E-learning webinars
- Access to specialist care sector training, all fully paid for by us
- Loads of career progression opportunities
We Value you
- You are so important to us & we want you to really feel like part of the team – from day 1 you’ll have supportive management & a Buddy who will show you the ropes. You’ll also have full access to our online wellbeing centre
- We recognise our amazing staff in our 6 monthly Affinity Star Awards
- We hope you stay part of Affinity Trust & we celebrate that with Long Service Awards
- Your wellbeing & happiness will always be a priority, so you can access an excellent wellbeing programme, plus resources and a wellbeing champions network
- If all the above wasn’t enough you will receive ‘Thank You’ gift vouchers, be part of regular engagement surveys, attend regular forum meetings and can contribute to the staff newsletter, and to hear about the amazing work of your colleagues and the achievements of the people we support
Everyone is welcome
- We enjoy a diverse workforce and welcome applications from everyone
- We’re committed to being Disability Confident and we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy
- As part of our commitment we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Recruitment Team on 01844 267800 and we’ll get back to you