There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
£8.72 Per Hour
Dimensions (NSO) Ltd
Closing Date: 23/10/20
Support Worker- Female
Job Reference :
Support Workers/ Care Assistant needed – Mulbarton- No experience necessary
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a difference to someone’s life every day? Do you share our values of Respect, Courage, Partnership, Integrity and Ambition? If so, we want you!
What will the role of Support Worker involve?
We are looking for someone to support a gentleman aged in his 60’s in Mulbarton, Norwich. You will be providing personalised support to him in his own bungalow accommodating a conservatory, driveway parking and an enclosed garden for Support workers to help maintain.
He enjoys going out for walks in the local community, taking a drive to the beach and enjoys people reading to him. Whilst at home he enjoys using his foot spa and listening to music from his generation. This gentleman is non-verbal and requires support with personal care including assistance with shaving and washing. Minimal manual handling is involved but administrating oral medication is required.
This is a 36 hours per week (waking nights only between 10pm-7am) position. You will be flexible to work alternative weekends along with the occasional bank holiday. We can also offer a range of part time hours if required.
As a Support Worker on a waking night duty, you will be supporting this gentlemen to bed and making sure he is safe throughout the night. You may have to deal with various personal care requirements and would be required to keep him engaged/entertained if he is awake (he usually sleeps for four to six hours a night).
Why apply to work for Dimensions;
- Full induction programme and support to complete the care certificate and additional FREE in-house training
- Free enhanced DBS check
- Up to 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Free driving Lessons and your first practical and theory test paid for
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Employee perks to include discounted Cinema, shopping vouchers, holidays and days out
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
Take a look at our YouTube channel to see why Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.
You will need to be a driver with a car to get to the property as this is a rural location and the gentleman has his own car to enable him to go out.
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy – Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.