There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Dimensions (NSO) Ltd
Closing Date: 09/07/21
Female Support Worker
Hellesdon, Norwich (NR6)
Full time (37.5 hours per week)
Driver not essential but desirable
We are supporting three women between the ages of 28-60 in their own chalet bungalow. One lady is independent and communicates very well and goes to work throughout the week. The other two women live downstairs and require 24/7 support. All aspects of personal care and manual handling (pushing a wheelchair and hand on hand support) will be involved in this role.
As things continue to open up, you will support them with going to play bingo, food shopping, to cafes & restaurants and general everyday tasks. They enjoy going to the seafront, playing games and arts & crafts. Eventually, they are looking forward to going away on short breaks again.
Shifts will consist of long days, earlies and lates. You will be required to work flexible including alternative weekends, occasional bank holidays. Shift patterns will be discussed at interview stage.
Being a driver with access to a car is desirable but not essential.
“Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010.”
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy – Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.