Listed below are details of the purpose and general tasks of the job to provide some insight of what is involved. It is advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
To take our 8-year old son out on days trips and allow him to access recreational activities.
Location: Norwich, NR3
We are looking for a Personal Assistant to support our son by organising recreational activities and days out on weekends and during half term. Your main role will be to provide transport to/from activities, and to organise and take our son on day trips that will allow him to learn new skills, have new experiences and socialise with peers. You will also be responsible for ensuring our son’s safety on these day trips, particularly with road safety awareness which our son needs support with.
Our son has Down’s Syndrome, Global Development Delay and is deaf. He is predominantly non-verbal but he is able to understand what is being communicated to him with some patience, and is able to communicate via gestures such as pointing.
Our son is a very happy child who enjoys playing, watching children’s programmes, going swimming and we feel he would benefit from having a Personal Assistant that enables him to access a variety of activities.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Driving license holder with own vehicle and appropriate business insurance cover.
- Previous experience working with or caring for children who exhibit challenging behaviour
- Level 3 NV Diploma in Health and Social Care.
- Punctual, organised and reliable.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £10.50 per hour.
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
- Hours and times of work: 2 hours per week, working on the weekends and during half term. Exact hours and times to be discussed further at interview.
The post is subject to the following
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.