There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 24/09/21
- I experience difficulties in fetching, carrying and holding items due to the lack of feeling in my hands, so I require your support with: meal preparation; domestic tasks including hoovering, cleaning the bathroom and general tidying; and with converting my bed into a sofa in the morning.
- I have mobility difficulties due to the lack of feeling in my legs, so your role will involve driving my son and/or me including the school run, to attend meetings at school, to undertake activities etc.
- Supporting my son (and me if I’m well enough) with activities, such as daytrips and going to the park, being vigilant to our safety at all times.
- My mental health needs cause me to have very low mood at times, so you will need to build a strong rapport with us so you can work 1:1 with my son when I’m particularly unwell, support me with making decisions around finances etc. and support me with meetings at school as required.
- Providing companionship to me at home to improve my general wellbeing.
- Car owner/driver with suitable business use insurance.
- Patient, understanding and nurturing personality, with a person centred approach to work.
- Plenty of experience with children with a passion for working with them.
- Keen to work as part of a team, as you will be working closely with my parents in supporting my son and me.
- Adaptable with work tasks.
- Flexible with working hours.
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour.
- Hours and times of work: 28 hours per week to be worked Monday-Friday. During term time, the hours will be 8:30am – 10/10:30am and 2:30pm-5:30pm with some extra hours to accommodate activities and appointments as required. During school holidays, the hours will be more flexible and will be worked in 1 block around the middle of the day
- The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.