There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 17/09/21
This role is to support our very energetic 23 year old son, who has autism and some challenging behaviours, to get out and about and take part in activities of interest to him.
- Driving our son in your own vehicle, and assisting him to participate in activities such as trampolining, the dinosaur park, crazy golf, walking – anything active!
- Assisting him to regulate his behaviours in a calm and controlled manner.
- Planning activities for him to try.
- Prompting him to attend to his personal care as necessary.
- Car owner/driver with suitable business use insurance.
- Experience with people on the autistic spectrum and of managing challenging behaviours.
- Adaptable with work tasks.
- Very exuberant personality!
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.37-£15 per hour dependent on experience.
- Hours and times of work: 10-12 hours per week to be worked 5-6 hours each on 2 days per week, preferably Tuesday and Friday. You will start by working 1 day per week until our son builds up a rapport with you.
- The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.