Listed below are details of the purpose and general tasks of the job to provide some insight of what is involved. It is advisable to refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
To provide social support to a man with a learning disability, allowing him to continue developing his independence skills.
Location: Watton, IP25
‘M’ is looking for a friendly PA to provide social support having recently moved into his own home. ‘M’ particularly needs support with developing his independence skills and confidence beyond his family network. Initially ‘M’ can be quiet and shy when meeting new people, but he comes out of his shell once he had the opportunity to build a relationship with people.
Duties to include:
· Support with planning meals/recipes and going to do food shops once a week.
· Support with preparing and cooking an evening meal.
· Encouraging ‘M’ to access the community and take part in activities he enjoys with the aim of keeping him engaged socially.
· Support with identifying social opportunities and accessing meaningful activities in the local community that ‘M’ would like to take part in.
· Support with managing finances, budgeting for planned activities, time management, and deciding routes/means of transport.
· Encouraging ‘M’ to build relationships outside of his family network.
· Support to identify and plan when a shopping trip might be needed, for example, if there is a special occasion or a birthday coming up.
· Support with developing independence skills such as managing finances, booking appointments and responding to correspondence.
· Attending banger racing meetings within Norfolk and Suffolk.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
· Driving license holder with own vehicle and appropriate business insurance cover.
· Previous experience in a similar role desirable.
· Shares similar interests or willing to engage in interests/activities that ‘M’ enjoys. These include the cinema, banger racing, films and video games.
Summary terms and condition
· The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour.
· You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role
· Hours and times of work: 8 hours per week to be used flexibly on the weekends.