Listed below are details of the purpose of the job and what tasks are involved. Please refer to this when submitting your application for the post.
To enable an active 31-year-old young man with severe learning difficulties and complex communication needs, to live in his own home and engage in everyday activities.
Location: Wymondham, Norfolk
NB – This job involves working as part of a team to support a young adult
I am a lively fun-loving person and because of my short attention span I can be quite exhausting and demanding at times.
I love loud music and listening to my ipod. Although I like to watch DVDs, I also enjoy being outdoors and also to go swimming. My family are very important to me and I love to see them regularly. I am able to feed and dress myself, although you may need to help me put my t-shirt on the right way round. I require assistance with my personal care and need to be reminded to wash hands, brush teeth or put clothes in the laundry basket instead of on the floor. Although I am willing to assist with household chores, you will need to help me to do them correctly and be responsible for keeping my house clean & tidy.
I have a good sense of humour, although I often laugh at others misfortune. I have very limited speech, but my understanding is reasonable. I do get very frustrated if I cannot understand things or things are not explained clearly. I have obsessional behaviours around my favourite toys and activities, but I am hoping that you can help me broaden my interests.
· Knowledge and Experience of working with people who have Severe Learning Disabilities and Autism
· Experience of working with people who have complex and challenging behaviours and be prepared to undertake ongoing training
· First Aid & Epilepsy knowledge (training available) and to always be attentive and alert regarding client’s safety
· To be able to engage and encourage client at every opportunity
· To hold a Clean Full Driving Licence
· To always respect client’s dignity
· To have High standards of Hygiene
· Physically active and have a good sense of humour
· Basic food preparation & cooking skills
· Be able to complete everyday chores
· Be willing to attend further training if required
Summary terms and conditions
· The starting rate of pay for this position is £11 per hour or a set figure of £90 per sleep-in shift (10pm-8am)
· The pay will be time and a half the normal rate(s) for work carried out on a bank holiday.
· You will be reimbursed for any expenses incurred as part of the role.
· Hours and times of work: approx. 30 hours per week including 1 night shift, preferably Saturday afternoon through to Sunday lunchtime. Rotas can be flexible, agreed 6 weeks ahead and any changes confirmed. All staff have 2-3 full days off work each week, meaning their hours are worked over 4-5 days. More hours available for holiday cover.
· The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
· Pension scheme subject to meeting criteria
The post is subject to the following
· A satisfactory enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
To apply please click ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Call Now’ selecting option 2.