There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 02/07/21
Job Purpose: I’m a mum to two young boys aged 6 and 3, the oldest of whom has autism. We also have a small flock of chickens. As I have limited mobility and depression, and both my husband and I have Asperger’s, I would like your support with personal care, meal preparation and parenting tasks.
Location: Scottow, NR10.
- Supporting me with bathing and dressing.
- Food preparation including some cooking.
- Supporting me to take my children out to the local park or to enjoy other activities further afield, including assisting me to keep them safe and entertained.
- Assisting me to provide stimulating activities for the children at home, such as playing in the garden or with their Lego or trainsets.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Experience with autism in both children and adults.
- Flexibility with hours of work.
- Non-smoker as I am hyper-sensitive to cigarette smoke.
- Own transport or local to Scottow
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour.
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: 18 hours per week to be shared between 2 PAs. The required hours are:
- Wednesdays 3:30pm-7:30pm;
- Tuesdays 12:30pm-4:30pm.
- Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays: 1:30pm-5:30pm.
- Saturdays: 2 flexible hours.
- Some flexibility with working hours will be required.
- The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
This post is subject to:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.