There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Between £8.30-10.00 Per Hour
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 30/04/21
I’m a 35-year-old lady with physical disabilities and mental health difficulties and my 14-year-old daughter lives with me part time. Your role will be to support me with general housekeeping, limited personal care and to undertake my parenting role.
Location: Norwich NR5
- Domestic tasks including general cleaning and laundry.
- Grocery shopping, collecting medication from the pharmacy and supporting me to attend appointments as required.
- Preparing and cooking meals.
- Limited personal care, mainly being present while I shower to avoid incident, and assisting me to dress the lower half of my body.
- Undertaking the school run when required.
- Building a rapport with my daughter and spending time with her, doing arts and crafts, talking, walking and other leisure activities, and Checking that she completes her homework.
- Assistance with household admin and budgeting and checking that bills are paid.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- Female due to the personal care aspects of the role.
- Car owner/driver with suitable business use insurance.
- Basic cooking ability.
- Flexible with working hours and tasks.
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.37 per hour
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: 18 hours per week. Flexible/negotiable times, job share considered.
The post is subject to the following
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.