There are a range of different settings and roles available. Take a look at the spectrum of care settings and roles available in social care.More
Direct Payment Support Service
Closing Date: 20/09/19
Job Purpose: I am a friendly independent lady living in my home with my cat, who is very important to me. I enjoy yoga, knitting and participating in Pokemon Go. I have Asperger’s Syndrome, anxiety, allergies to dust, OCD and chronic fatigue syndrome, and require your support with getting out and about and household admin.
Details: I would like your support to access yoga, a knitting group and other activities of interest and benefit to me, shopping and attending appointments.
Driving me in your car as required.
Receiving callers to my home including taking deliveries, greeting workmen etc.
Supporting me with my household admin including making and taking phone calls, dealing with post, writing letters etc.
Occasional food preparation.
Covering the absence of my domestic PA.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Car owner/driver with a clean driving licence and appropriate business use insurance
• Able to work around a shy house cat
• Fastidious and able to clean to a very high Standard
• Able to follow written and verbal directions
• Respectful of my wishes.
• Friendly, calm and quiet manner.
• Very organised
• Flexible with working hours (able to cover some evenings and weekends as required).
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £8.46 per hour.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: Average of 9-12 hours per week including Weds: 9:00am-12pm, Fri: 9:30am-12:30pm and Thurs: 4:30pm-7:30pm, with flexibility required to accommodate appointments and activities including occasional evenings and weekends – to be discussed further at interview.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 6 months.
How to apply:
If you wish to apply please email, quoting the job reference number to: